photo spgpulai.jpg

The Four Brothers in...

This ride had taken place over a month ago - Saturday, 19th Dec 2020 to be exact.  In the past it would only take me at most one week sometimes, but usually I would be writing about the ride the same day or the next day if I was too tired (mind and body) to write. I guess, with little fresh approach to write about a particular ride outing, it may have contributed to my enthusiasm in writing.  Plus I am nowhere close to being a writer! So, writer's block does not apply. hahahahahahaha....


The last recorded ride together with Zack was on 5th September (Kenduri AjiKTM) and on 8th August, when I was running-in the X-Adv. But, during the Kuala Selangor ride in October, Zack could not join.  So, obviously we were looking for windows to ride again.  Not that easy with the PKPB and end-of-year.  And when we finally set for ride date, I had some challenges to overcome... alas...

In our bigger group, SBM, some members were planning to ride circumnavigating the peninsular using mopeds. I obviously do not own any suitable kapcai - except maybe the SYM VTS 200, not a kapcai per se, but acceptable for the ride's purpose.  But the SYM is being used by my son-in-law for work.  Thus, I decided to buy another bike, a used kapcai!  How you might ask that has anything to do with this ride?  Well, after looking at few ads, I narrowed down to an eight-month old Honda RS150R that looked decent enough.  So, an appointment was set which happened to coincide with this ride's timing!  And that was the only day the owner was available.  He lives in Lukut, thus we set to meet somewhere around there. But he later set to meet up at Sepang, which in a way works well for me to continue with the ride and at the same time meet up with him to view and deal on the bike. How?  well, I was almost 90%  set on buying that RS150, provided the actual bike is "like new" and without any issues.

Now back to the planned ride. When I arrived at our regular rv point, at Shell RnR Dengkil Southbound, they were already there. I have already alerted Mzac and Zack about viewing and almost certain that I would buy the kapcai. I thought today it would only be the three of us, but apparently Waq would also be joining... thus we waited for him as he was running a bit later that the set RV time.


We were in no hurry though, as it would take less than an hour to get to Sepang Town from this place.  When Waq arrived, we had a bit of time still to catch up as it has been about a year since we (me & Mzac) met him or went for a ride together.  Zack would have met him regularly since they are colleagues at work.
We arrived at the agreed meeting point with the RS150 seller, but he went to the rest area just besides this Shell station in Sepang...
We arrived at the agreed meeting point with the RS150 seller, but he went to the rest area just besides this Shell station in Sepang...


We got there (Rest Area at Sepang Town, just besides Shell station) at almost the same time, around 9.30am. And the rest, as they say is history. I bought another bike. Adie (my SiL) rode the bike back, while the four of us (Zack, Mzak, Waq & I) continued with our ride for the day…

Deal Made.... :-)

We were undecided on our destination. Though I suggested we do the Sepang-Lukut route, the others were a bit apprehensive as Lukut/Seremban had become a Covid-19 red zone. Waq suggested we go to Kafe Cikgu in Kampung Kundang Tanjong Sepat.

So we headed out towards Morib – a route that I’ve not ridden for many years. Back in the day when I was with the Fireblade, I would frequent the small bike shop, Polly Motor (Lau Tanjong Sepat) for service and what nots. But that was a long time ago…..

There are variety of foods served. Tasty as well. I was not really paying attention to the menu, but Zack & Mzac was adamant to revisit for the other options that they could not try that day for obvious reasons (i.e. there’s only so much one can eat on a meal!). We chatted for quite a while there… and the owner was rather friendly, coming to greet us and checking on us few times. This place apparently is a popular haunt for cyclist. Groups of them came and go, one group after another. In fact, even by the time we were leaving, some were still coming despite it was already past 11:00am.

Roti Arab with Mutton… delicious!
“Lempeng Kelapa dengan kambing… slurpppppp”
Waq pun makan lempeng…

Their Nasi Lemak was also delicious! Mzac had this one…

It was already past twelve noon when we left for home. From there, we took the Banting route, and exit into SKVE after the town. Waq’s home is somewhere in Sijangkang, thus we parted ways as we turned into the highway. Mzac and I exited at Bandar Saujana Putra while Zack continued on… I guess everyone headed home, but I made a stop at AjiiKTM’s bikeshop at Putra Heights. This is somewhat a regular thing to do (sop by AjiKTM’s shop) whenever a ride passes by Putra Heights..

Called Idrus whom later came to service his Kymco400 in preparation for RPM
Looks like there’s much to be done…

Upon knowing that some of us were at the shop, DocZul whom happened to be nearby also came over…

DocZul’s MotoGuzzi V7…..

This has been another good day, especially when I got to accomplish a number of things – probably the more notable one was the deal on my new (but used) kapcai! Another one for the history book… my history book 🙂

As always, Mzac’s signature selfie before leaving his home for a ride…

This ride took place on Saturday, 19-December-2020.

The Four Brothers in... The Four Brothers in... Reviewed by hoshee on 6:39 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

top navigation

Powered by Blogger.